A Fine Dish

dish (v) to emit a ready flow of inconsequential talk... babble, blab, burble... chatter, dither... gab, lallygag... natter, patter, prattle, rattle on... yammer, yawp...also...chew the fat, shoot the breeze, sling the bull.... and (n) a container to serve food -or- the food contained in the dish ....(archaic slang) a hot mama

Name:
Location: Rock Creek Township, North Carolina, United States

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Tagged, I'm It?

I've been 'tagged' twice this week. Being a blogging neonate, I wasn't sure what that meant so I had to ask. Apparently this is kind of a game where I'm supposed to copy the questions or categories from the blog that tagged me, delete the other blogger's answers and put in my own. So OK, I can be a sport. In the spirit of self-disclosure....

The first one comes from ...slowly she turned, a terrific blog by my blogging mentor.

4 jobs I've had:
Group Home - everything from cook to supervisor
One hour photo lab technician
Substitute teacher for inner city juvenile delinquents
Exotic Dancer -- just kidding, mom. I turned that one down.

4 movies I could watch over and over:
Fantasia
Home movies--if I had any
Anything on IMAX
Ahh, how about LOTR on IMAX?

4 places I've lived:
Moores Mills, New York
Albany, New York
The Snow Belt in New York (brrrr)
Whew, North Carolina

4 TV shows I love:
I only watch TV when I'm passing through or someone else is watching it....


how about The Daily Show?
Teen Titans
Avatar, the Last Airbender
(yes, I have kids.)



4 places I've vacationed:
Atlantic Ocean beaches-Martha's Vineyard, Long Beach, the Outerbanks
Farms--in Pennsylvania and New York
Cities--NYC and Atlanta
My parents' house


4 of my favorite dishes:
Spicy stuff made with what's left in the vegetable bin
Laurie's soup with my complementary herb bread
The ones I have over coffee with women friends
My mother's white on white china

4 sites I visit daily:
Yahoo Mail
A&T University
search.com
(lately) Guilford County Schools

4 places I'd rather be:
A peace kuti in Thailand
An ancient olive grove
The canopy in the Costa Rican rain forest
The shimmer of a rainbow

4 bloggers I'm tagging:
Here's a tough part. I'm not really up on this but--
(Since I got to see his smiling face behind a huge arrangement of roses and delphineum the other day)
Billy the Blogging Poet
(and Billy, I did have to explain to my co-workers that I won't be hugging all of the men doing deliveries to the office)
Mary at Trinity Knot



Now from Trinity Knot, we roll a 'five.'

What were you doing 10 years ago?
Discovering the world through the eyes of toddlers/babies when my own eyes were heavy with lack of sleep

What were you doing 1 year ago?
Recovering my soul after working five years at a private Christian College

Five snacks you enjoy (in no particular order, as all snacks are created equal):
Almonds
Chocolate
Chocolate Almonds
Strawberries and bananas
Strawberries and bananas covered with chocolate. And almonds.

Five songs to which you KNOW all the lyrics:
Twisted (via Joni Mitchell)
All I Need is Food and Creative Love (Rusted Root)
Summertime (from Porgy and Bess)
O Holy Night
All the Pretty Horses
(The last three were the lullabyes I sang to Helen, Chris, and Sam when they were babies)

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
If I told you, you might tell my husband

Five bad habits:
There's no such thing as a bad habit, just a tendency that's misunderstood

Five things you like doing:
feeding people
writing
reading
meditating
hugging

Five things you would never wear, buy, or get again:
turquoise spandex unitard
for the rest, see here


Five favorite toys:
computer
the rag doll my grandmother knitted me
yoyo
kaleidescope
dirt in all it's various forms

Since she was so kind to tag me,

Laurie

2 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Okay, but I'm going to beg for some time on this one! I loved your favorite snacks and your one year ago answer.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Zha K said...

You're one of the chosen who understand my one year ago answer.

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home